Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Miyuki Odani's Detective Prom Queen Cherry Chan!!

Finally, I was able to get my hands on a Miyuki Odani's "Be My Baby" Cherry Chan doll. This is the Shinjuku Isetan Release from December 2017. I had actually fell in love with Cherry chan back in October and was even very close to snagging an "Abbie" Cherry chan. But, because I just happened upon the sale page and didn't have a proxy buyer, I lost out. Ugh!!

Oh well, this time. I was able to get one that a friend was letting go. Yippee! She arrived safely to me today, and I couldn't be more thrilled.
 I liked all three versions, but my friend was only letting the prom queen go. I love her bangs and wavy hair. I quickly opened her up and noticed she had no shoes. LOL She comes with her original box, pennant, pink dress, and pearl necklace.
 Back side of the box. She had tie straps on her, a bit harder to reuse later. Oh well. Just as lovely as other collectors photos of the same doll!
 From my research on her, she was created by Miyuki Odani, who is also famous for her work on Blythe dolls, Blythe doll fashion, and her company "Doll House". I have seen many collectors of her dolls that were first released back in 2015. So many lovelies too. The one thing that draws me to her, is her eyes...
I was telling Taby, that they look like she's either in shock or died. It's her small pupils and seemingly blank stare. Taby noted her large lips too. I told her, but that's what makes her unique. She is definitely, not a Barbie or Blythe doll.
 I redressed her in a Kiki Pop doll dress, yes, it barely fits at the back side, but it suits her. A pair of red stockings, with shoes for Pure Neemo dolls and glasses for Licca Chan.
 She can fit some clothes by Azone so far, and I will have to check what other dolls clothing. I know Blythe clothes as well can fit her.

I also found that a coat I got for my other sweet Oike doll a few years back, can fit my Toddler Oike too. Yay! I had resewn the buttons on it to fit better.
 Taby had a doctors appointment, so for lunch I stopped by Tokyo Mart and picked up a Pork Katsu Bento lunch. Yum!
 We even did a bit of shopping at ROSS and found a photo frame for Taby's graduation photos, and this cool message board. Cheap too!

 Just couldn't resist some cotton candy from ROSS too! LOL
It's been a really nice slow week, a good thing too. Hope you are having a good one as well?!
Thank you for looking! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment