Sunday, January 21, 2018

Finally Finished My Reroot!

Oh my goodness, it was definitely a long process, and mostly waiting for the Saran hair I ordered a second time, to come in. I started this attempt back in December 28, 2017, post is here. I finished the saran hair I had ordered the first time.

Sad thing was that according to the shops directions, if I was doing a barbie sized head, I would only need the one bag. But, then again, because of the length of hair, I wanted, it finished up the bag. When the second order came in. I didn't get back to working on the head right away. But, when I did, it wasn't too far long to finish. After I had her head completed fully. The next step was to boil set the hair.
 Basically, you part the hair where it is you want the hair parted. Boil water in a pot, turn off the heat and as you hold the hair and body of the doll, slowly place the head into the hot water. Try not to fully submerge the head. Basically, keep from putting the face paint of the doll into the hot water, just the head. Afterwards, lift up from the hot water and then put the whole length of the hair into the water again. Just allowing to fully submerge the head and hair only. Lift and remove from the pot, pat dry with a towel. Then, allow the hair to air dry.
 I combed her hair while waiting for it to dry. Then, I started to trim the hair to the desired length I wanted. If you look carefully at first, her hair was a bit more poofy at her part. Now, it is set to a center part. The saran from this seller was nice and soft and so shiny too. I continued to trim, cut and now, she is ready to begin her new life as...
 Marina from Toei Animation, The Little Mermaid!!
 I may trim her bangs a bit... So, what do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts on this.
It was a good try and fun, even almost therapeutic, LOL. If I had all the hair I needed, I would say this would take me one week to do.

Marina singing her "Coming of Age" song from the movie.

Then, I found this lovely vintage children's book by Rand McNally for Junior Elf, titled, "The Bears' Picnic." I mostly got for the cute bear art work. Lovely print too.


 I'm trying to tell myself. Just the one book. Not too costly either and I found it through etsy. The seller shop WunderStuff is here, and he was so sweet to add this vintage book too.
 Check his shop out. He has many vintage stories you might recall too!

Yummy Fruit Tart from our Aunt. It was a great Sunday lunch treat. Sorry, just had to share a pic of it. Very light and yummy.

Have a blessed week dear friends!

Thank you for reading! ~ ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment