Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Obsessing about Mermaids!

When I was a little girl, there was one summer I spent the entire summer swimming at our village's local natural salt water pools in Inarajan, here. At that point, I used to imagine or wish I was a mermaid. So, anything that dealt with mermaids, I used to collect. But then I grew up and even though things changed in life, etc. I've always loved mermaids...

Since photographing Mako-chan at our family beach, I've been obsessing about mermaids the past few days! More then usual and trying to find many toys or doll related items... Last night, I found a vintage anime TV show called, "Cutey Honey", that featured a mermaid in it!

 Here are some screen shots of the mermaid I found via google searches. (not mine).

She's a pretty blonde mermaid named, "Chiruru". Sadly, she dies in the episode and her sister Maruru tries to avenge her by killing humans. Cutey Honey stops her, and hopes that their spirits rest in piece in the end... A different take on most of the mermaid stories I've seen or known. Still a lovely mermaid memory to keep!

Here's is a short clip of Chiruru's story, below, But if you want the full episode, its called, "Cutey Honey: The Eternal Red Pearl, Episode 12."(Dec. 1973) I will add the link to it at the end of my post! Enjoy!


for full episode click here!
Thanks for reading! - ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment