Thursday, December 20, 2012

Finally, a band member arrives!


Since falling in love with the cute little majorette ornament that I found on ebay...I've been searching for more of the same, if not similar types, so she won't be alone... I was able to find a boy ornament thru etsy! He arrived to me today along with another girl majorette I found also on etsy, but she needs some help, poor girl!

 The boy marching band member who plays a trombone arrived to me. I read the listing that he was 7 inches tall, but I didn't realize he'd tower over the girl majorette. Obviously, made from the same design. They both have black beaded eyes, with a red mouth and no nose!

Same style hats, and blonde mohair. Maybe there were two size versions? So far, the 2nd girl majorette I got(not photographed yet), is the same size as my first majorette. The 2nd one needs some re-gluing, her eyes repainted, mohair and baton fixed as well.

I am still looking out for more of these style ornaments. They are just too adorable.  I was also able to find the dolls they look like from Rankin/Bass movie, "Santa Claus is coming to town."

 The same or similar dolls! So cute and tiny too!

Thanks for reading! - ggsdolls


No comments:

Post a Comment