Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A treasured item found...

Last week, while doing my usual searches. I checked my dear friend's shop and found this amazing piece she was selling! I was so happy that it was still available, and decided to buy it. The item arrived to me today, and it has become one of my most treasured item to date!

Description: This is a lovely vintage "Margaret" anime folding fan. Made in Japan in the seventies and beautifully illustrated by Masako Watanabe. It is in unused condition and the front design still shows its original color. However, due to age, the parts made of wood and the back of the paper fan has discolored and there are marks.
Amazing that it has kept its beauty after all these years. I am guessing it is about early 60's? The wood is showing age, but otherwise the color and artwork is vibrant!
 It came with its original clear vinyl cover and still has the tag in Japanese for the Margaret brand.
Lovely galaxy-eyed girl along with Masako's signature. I have fallen in love with this one!

Thank for reading my rambling...LOL! - ggsdolls

No comments:

Post a Comment